Friday, June 24, 2011

Making Quick Gold for your Lowbie!

So your guild decided to transfer servers... Your own server is kind of dead and your looking for a change or maybe your girlfriend finally hassled you enough to get you onto that RP server she's been dying to try. Many things cause us to migrate to another server, starting over at level one with only the clothes on your back. This is hard for most of us who are comfortable with their 85. We realize that we miss many things we took for granted - Mounts, Bags and most of all... our gold.

I was recently in this position myself, transferring to the server Moon Guard (US) from the well known, Magtheridon (US). After two hours of grinding, I managed to hit level 12 on my priest before I had to train. The bad part? I didn't have the money to get all the things I needed. The amount of money on my toon after all that time only amounted to a few silver. Things had to change.



That's when I decided to create a Death Knight. In the starting zone, Death Knights are actually capable of generating quite a bit of cash. After only a few hours, I had gathered almost 500 gold with a lot of cloth and other valuables to sell on the auction house. This by far beat my level 12 who had only been able to grab some measly silvers in that amount of time.



I realized as long as I never progress that Death Knight out of her starting zone, she can be an infinite amount of gold, cloth and other things. It was almost like they were designed for that job, starting with a full set of bags, being able to kill an NPC with 3-4 shots, resurrected on the spot if killed once an hour with a mailbox nearby for an easy transfer of materials. Most of the NPCs out there (That are grey compared to your level) actually hold some really nice loot - 2 shots and you got yourself a bag full of goodies.


Even the more common items sell for at least a gold or so...



So far, I am loving it! Everyday feels like christmas now for my little level 12. This trick has made server transfers so much easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment